Stress over! 

My stress levels were oscillating throughout the last 5 weeks while waiting for my visa to be approved. What added to my chagrin was that the High Commission had very neatly barricaded themselves from being contacted with their stipulations and what not, and I'm not given any progress reports, no clue where the heck my application is and I can't do anything at all but wait.

Very x10 annoying.

Last week I was very anxious to get back to London because Bro O and wife was meant to be visiting me! A few days before they left for London, they thought of an alternative plan and different people to visit. Was quite disappointed as I was looking forward to their visit for a while, and of sharing with them what my life is like there. But I've had to remember that it's not always about me! I'm sure the other people they are now visiting will enjoy their company as well. At any rate, they will be staying a night at my place though I highly doubt I would be back in time for that.

Shanx2 will no doubt bring up the topic of how I'm always never around when my friends come to visit me.

So yes, visa application was delayed because of a SYSTEM FAILURE. I could strangle necks for a lot of reasons, but I'm just so happy to know for certain that things are finally moving that I can be a little more gracious about the situation. They have also called me for an interview with the High Commission on the 27 Nov, which is a very long time away and I've requested for it to be rescheduled sooner, but I reckon that there is a huge backlog for applications to be cleared as I've heard from the grapevine that visa applications in Singapore are being sent to Malaysia as well, but then that doesn't make sense does it for applications requiring interviews.

Anyway.

Friday was a good day because things just began to fall very nicely into place. Worries in regards to work has been put to rest with certain news my manager shared on Thursday night. I now have an idea of when the latest I should be able to leave. I'm apparently missing a bizarrely cold spell in London where it snowed during autumn! I'm enjoying time spent with parents and my best friends and now I can even happily plan for having a nice beach holiday now!

Oh yes... now I can fully enjoy my time off!

Thank you for pointing me to your blog.
Some reflections on your enforced stay at home.
God's ways are not our ways and we have to bow before his sovereignty even when we do not understand why he is allowing things to frustrate our plans. In a fallen world we are all subject to frustrating events.
Malaysia in November has to be more pleasant than this cold London. So enjoy the extra days God has given you with family and friends.
Your friends in London will continue to pray for you.
I am hoping that the words speed and efficiency are not totally absent from the British High Commission.

Post a Comment