There are always new faces appearing in our homegroup because it's meant to be more geared towards internationals, and students from the local university, so attendance is always very fluid.
Having been away for 2 months, I was surprised to see 80% of the people there tonight were new faces but funnily enough, all of a sudden the internationals have now become the minority and the English folks are again the majority.
I got to A&N's early from work, and the family was setting up their Christmas decorations.
Alistair intimidates me. Yep. Coz he tends to get rough when he gets too excited playing, and I got hit by a stick on the head and whipped on my back by him before. But he's actually a sweet sweet boy. When I was cleaning the church alone one time, he stopped and asked me whether I needed help, when all the other kids were playing. And while his sister (and parents!) can be very competitive, he tries to help people win and makes the rules biased enough for other people to win.
Dominic is the cutest kid in the church! He speaks with a lisp, walks with a wobble, an earthquake can't wake him when he sleeps and he gives the shiest looks. I try to be very careful not to be impartial to him when Alistair is around, because although Alistair acts tough, he's actually sensitive and would like people to be just as affectionate towards him as they are to his little brother.
It was so sweet, apparently when I went to the first Sunday service after I landed on Saturday evening, I sat in front of Alistair and Dominic and apparently they both told their father, "Supergirl is here!"
I have a superman T-shirt which all the kids from church know and they always ask why I'm not in my superman T-shirt.
Labels: Friends