A whole day of fun in snow 

This morning, when I realised it looked impossible for me to get to work, Do Yeong found me standing at the corridor looking out of the window with a smile. Not a usual sight at all, since I'm usually rushing about trying to get out of the door on time and not at all cheerful at that.

As we both looked out of the window together, I had the joy of giving the happy news that all schools were closed. The kids were expectedly thrilled by that.

I later texted Martin, who being a school teacher, once told me that teachers were most times happier than the students when school closes on account of heavy snow, to see if he was really happy or not.

He replied suggesting, "Snow fight?!"

From that small suggestion, we managed to gather neighbourly troops to join us at the church backyard for massive snow fight!





Jonno W in action with Su L and daughter behind him



May L, whose family recently came back to England after some missionary work in a dangerous country. She has also replaced Dominic R as The Cutest Kid in Church for me. I threw a snowball at her from afar, and 5 minutes later when I was looking at something and distracted, she stomped all the way up and threw a snowball at my leg. So cute! She won my heart when we were trying to take a picture and she tried to sit on my lap as I squatted down. Aww.



What can I say. The three stooges Jonno, Martin and Chris bullying me. There's also a video clip of Jonno and Chris throwing a HUGE snowball at me.



Group picture with us trying to throw snowballs pass the photographer's head



Group photo with someone shaking the snow off the tree


Chris



Chris and Martin ganging up against Jonno



Chris laughing gleefully



The giant snowman everyone helped make


By the end of the day, I was exhausted. I also had to spend some time frying rice for tomorrow Chinese New Year social special for homegroup. If I had known suggesting to celebrate CNY meant us Chinese folks having to do all the cooking, I might have kept quiet about it.

We all agreed it was nice that it snowed on a Monday and we gained an extra day off. But I think things will start to lose its cheerfulness from tomorrow onwards. Temperature is predicted to dip further, the snow is going to turn to ice, it's going to be difficult to get into work. As much fun today was, too long a disruption on my weekly routine is not necessarily a good thing I reckon.

That's a really huge snowman! Reminds me of my snowman in Denton. I did not know that it actually takes a lot of energy building a snowman, ha ha. Happy belated CNY!

haha... i STILL don't know how much energy it takes building a snowman. i was either taking photographs of it, or helping a 5 year old kid transport snow and give the snowman a bit more girth. we did add a little tail to the snowman though! happy belated CNY to you toooo

Post a Comment