I wonder if this generation is in the busiest era of time.
When I watch movies in the 1900s or anytime in the past that is not this century, I feel a mist of wistfulness settle over my head as I muse about how nice it must be, to have time to sleep the night away and just having time in excess with the absence of technology clamouring for attention and ubiquitous thirst for results whether in form of money, actions or at least intentions to achieve those results.
Where's the result of your work? Where's the sales figures? How are you demonstrating continuous improvement?
What are you doing with your life? Where do you see yourself in two, five or ten years time?
Anyway.
I don't work long hours or am demanded for hard and fast results as it was when I was working in Malaysia. But I still feel as busy and nearly as drained as I did then.
My own fault really. Just as I find some kind of stability in my daily routines I start getting restless and go out to add more things that I can juggle. New classes, new skills I target to build, new challenges to tackle.
And when I start to tire and my juggling gets more wobbly and I start dropping the balls, I get upset with myself and beat myself up for my failure to perform my juggling tricks flawlessly. And then I get upset and drop everything to sit down and sulk for awhile.
After a day or two of sulking, sense starts knocking on my head and telling me that I really have no choice but to just have another go at the juggling thing again. Either that or have my life completely incapacitated.
And so the cycle starts yet again.
See me juggle
Post a Comment