Last week was extremely busy week for me as there was a very big proposal that had to be finished in the office.
It was the busiest I had ever been ever since I started working here in the UK about a year and a half ago. I always was a healthy kid but dang. Too much stress and being burnt out does exact an effect on the physical health. When I waved goodbye to the Account Manager who whizzed out of the office to deliver the proposals with less than an hour to spare, I felt the adrenaline drain out of me and the tiredness from late nights sweep over me. Saturday morning I was out for the count with a cold.
But looking back at the time spent and the chance to get to know different colleagues as I worked with them on this proposal, I feel a sense of satisfaction. Though I'll admit the quality of the output could have been better, I don't doubt my efforts.
I was asked to read a passage from the Bible in service this morning. Couldn't help but feel this morning that I was doing some PR work for the church. Slap up a minority face up there and you've got a diversity-friendly church. But only because I was the one who suggested that in the first place though not in those words.
Met an Egyptian couple this morning, who were born in Christian families and we exchanged notes on the challenges of living in Muslim-controlled governments. Quite similar situations actually... even same idiotic challenges we had 4 years ago. What a coincidence eh? Similar uncreative mistakes. What were the chances?
Another wrap in the week
Post a Comment