Over a year ago, when I first came to the UK, I had a conversation with JingFeng that went along the lines of:
JF: Eh. I'm thinking of going to London.
Me: Come lah! Come visit me!
JF: Eh can... but if I go there might as well visit Europe also right since it'll be cheaper.
Me: Yeah, we can go Paris or Venice or Barcelona...
JF: Let's go Vienna lah. Go to the mountains where they did Sound of Music. Then we can run around the hills and sing The Hills Are Alive...
Me: -_-
JF: We can have a picnic and then you can feed me strawberries.
Me: -_-" I think I'll throw strawberries at your head instead.
JF: Eh, like this you better not go and visit any of the famous places in London until I go. Because it's more shiok when you see everything for the first time. So you wait until I go then we can enjoy everything for the first time together lah.
Me: -_-"" Walau... then what if you don't come?!?
JF: I will one... wait lah.
And all because of this JingFeng I ended up never visiting the more famous places in London during the course of the next 1 year plus. Everybody kept asking if I went to see this, or that, and each time I would say no. Lazy also lah. Everytime got visitor come have to accompany them to see the same things quite susah also.
But good thing JingFeng finally kept to his promise. He finally came. But we didn't go to Vienna to sing Sound of Music in the hills as originally planned due to lack of time, finances and planning. So we compensated and went to...
With JingFeng's great research skills, we actually managed to get cheap tickets for some pretty good seats too.
It was fantastic seats actually. A really good view of the stage - front second row of the upper balcony. Except...
the dude in front of me with big afro head blocking part of my view. I insisted on taking a picture of his head to blog about it, but forgot to switch the flash off. So when I tried to 'discreetly' take a picture of his head, the flash went off and the guy turned slightly to see why I was taking a picture of his head but I quickly pretended to be 'testing' the camera.
Head so big how can... they have to restrict the size of hairpiece for other people's sake.
I like the theaters in London. Very antiquated, elaborated in furnishing and just feels posh and grand.