The Shack 


I haven't finished reading it yet, but I will already highly recommend anyone to read this book!

The author has strong writing skills, and the imagery he creates with his words is better than watching a film because it also captures raw emotions.

It's a bracing story that makes you want to finish the book in one sitting.

It shakes the typical religious stereotypes and if it doesn't make you to consider who you think God is, I don't know what will.

Apparently, there's something about the story that people who have read it won't talk about it unless you read it for yourself, like there's some kind of big surprise. Kinda like the Six Sense movie. I met a church elder some months back who highly recommended I read this book, so when I saw the store had discounts on it, I bought it.

I'm halfway through it and it's already well worth the money spent.

And you know what, I don't think the story is fictional. When you know someone so well, you can recognise immediately the tiny habits they have, the way they talk, the kind of humour they have. This book is gobsmack full of the God I know! I read it feeling like God was right beside me grinning.

For me, the (writing style of the) book kinda grew on me gradually. Like you, the book was also highly recommended, and I like the way how the author describes and portrays the Trinity!

Post a Comment