Sushi 

For some reason I felt like making something special on Friday evening, and as I was at Sainsbury shopping for grocery, decided on the spur of the moment to try and make sushi.

So I bought all I thought I needed to make sushi since I knew how it should look like. I didn't bother looking up for a recipe and decided to just wing it. After all, how hard can it be?

I "lucked" out as well, as I found out I had someone to guide and give me tips when I got home. When I admitted I have never made sushi before, I was instructed in the basic steps by an authoritative figure - 7 year old HyeonMin, who decided her experience watching and listening to her mother made her far better an expert than me.


"You have to put the rice on the seaweed with your hands!"

"Nooooo... put the cucumber BESIDE the salmon!!!"

"Noooo, you have to role it up this way first!!!"

"Seeee, I told you!"


Brat. -_-

But I really had no idea how to make sushi so had no grounds on challenging her. She did give me some pretty good tips though, like how you're supposed to wait for the rice to cool before you start making the sushi. Thank God her mom called her to go to bed at some point because boy, can that girl be bossy. Hehe.




Ta-Da! My very first attempt at making sushi. What? I'm pretty proud of it ok. I give myself C for output, A for effort! By A I mean, "well done for trying".




Second attempt on Saturday night and see how much I've improved!! It tasted goooood too. *Pat on back* Well done my dear. Well done indeed.