Content 

I went into Central London yesterday, which I generally avoid because I hate the trouble to getting there most times. But I needed to get my hair done, and I made an appointment with a Japanese salon.

English hairdressers don't know how to manage fine Asian hair and the first ever English hairdresser I went to gave me a Princess Diana haircut.

-_-

I told him to layer it a little bit more, which then fixed it just a little, and he looked at my hair with surprise and awe shining in his eyes and said, "It does look good, doesn't it?" And I decided that very moment that I was never ever going back there again.

Anyway, I've found out that Japanese salon is actually cheaper and better than English salons, so although they have a reputation to be expensive generally, in London, they are actually a lot more reasonable. The first Japanese hair salon I went to some months back didn't impress me a great deal, but then, I think it was just the individual that did my hair.

This time, I tried a different hair salon, and I was actually a little surprised when I found them, that it was a small and unpretentious salon. B:zar had a warm and friendly even if small and minimal, ambience to it. It was filled with very handsome Japanese men (hehe) and only had 1 female hairdresser amongst the men but I was actually very happy to have the only female hairdresser attend to me.

She was sweet, earnest and hardworking but she had to leave halfway because she had cut her hand before I came, and halfway through, she realised something was not right with it. When she had taken out the plaster, her finger was slightly purplish and the bleeding would not stop, but she still wanted to finish cutting my hair before leaving to the hospital. Her colleague had to order her to leave and finish my hair for me.

Anyway, after getting my hair done, I strolled to a nearby Japanese outlet Beard Papa, that specializes in selling cream puffs!

Because I started watching Zettai Kareshi, which plot centers around cream puffs a bit, I absolutely had to try it!

Yes, lots of Japanese stuff lately. Yes, I thank Snoflek for her influence.






As I was sitting having the cream puffs, suddenly, I just went, "I LOVE my life! I LOVE sitting here having my cream puffs alone! I LOVE being able to stroll along Central London alone!"

In my head of course.

I withdrew quite a bit from the overly social life I've been having the last year and been spending a lot of Me Time; so much that I was feeling a little disconnected and just last week someone said that they hardly saw me around anymore. Shanx2 and Alex who live in front of me and whose house I pass everyday, said yesterday that they wondered if I was still living in the church flat.

I think I go into immediate withdrawal mode when there are things I need to figure out and until I do, I don't like people mixing up my thinking process. And when I made some decisions on Friday, it was as if that withdrawal mode snapped and out I sprung again.

They say if you're never content with what you have in your plate and always looking at what other people have, you'll never be truly content, even if you managed to get what other people have.

I'm truly content with my life in every possible sense and learning to embrace each season in my life and enjoy it fully and not be in a hurry to move on to a different season.

Knowing what it is like to wake up everyday feeling heavy and dull and cross (ie ex-company) and especially dreading the day with the constant thought of "What's going to go wrong today?", the stark difference life is to that now is something that still amazes me each time I think about it.

These days, I wake up each morning thanking the Lord for the brand new day. To wake up each day to joy, to the ability to walk on the streets and smile is a tremendous blessing by itself.

Cup runneth over!