A mother's love 

I was having lots of fun at the office today doing manual labour in all its glory. I had to help print off a proposal, so did things like running to the stores to get some stuff, cutting labels, printing things, punching holes into covers, etc.

Then my mom called during my lunch time which I was working through as the proposals were to be finished by today.

Because I was doing something at my desk, I didn't bother to find a more private space to have my conversation with my mom; just kept my tone soft and tried to maintain an accent that was a cross between English and Malaysian. I wanted it to be English enough that people around me wouldn't wonder why I sounded odd, but Malaysian enough that my mom wasn't thinking I was putting on airs.

The conversation was going pleasant enough until I remembered to tell her the outcome of my eye check, which was precipitated from both our concerns that the mole under my left eye seemed to have grown since I came to the UK.

Apparently, it has a cyst-like growth, which they will shave off during a day surgery (not looking forward to it) and use whatever they shaved off as biopsy.

As my mom tried to assure me...



Mom: My gut feel is that it's nothing to be worried about.

Me: *In proper English and well-mannered tone* Yeah, I think so too. I'm not actually worried. Except maybe when I actually sit in front of the doctors on the day.

Mom: Actually maybe the reason why the mole grew was maybe because you put on weight, so make it grow bigger also...

Me: WaaaTtT!!! WHeR GoT SuCh Thing Wannn?!? NooooOoo LARH!!! *Colourful Manglish breaking out in a sudden loud voice*

(I would have thrown my hand in the air if I wasn't holding my mobile in my left hand and a pair of scissors in my right)

Mom: Heh heh heh...



Waaaaat... here I was, hoping that by putting on weight my eyes would grow bigger, but noooo, my mole grew instead.

-_-""

You gotta give my mother credit. Her love for me not to grow into British supersize is strong.