Nottingham 

While Malaysia had May Day public holiday on Friday, the UK had theirs on the Monday. For some reason, public holidays tend to fall on Mondays though I've never been curious enough to ask why. I decided to visit Doctor Ming at Nottingham, where he's based temporarily before he heads back to Newcastle.

When I arrived in Nottingham on Saturday afternoon, he whisked me off in his Mazda sports car (his habit of claiming of being poor and with no money earned no more sympathy after I saw his car) to Birmingham for a Malaysian lunch. Birmingham is about an hour away.

The next day we went to Peak District, which was also an hour away. It was an interesting drive, to picturesque country side and I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I was awake.

I can't help it! I've been programmed since young to sleep the moment I am in a car. I like sleeping in cars. You can only see that much of trees for so long.

You can take a girl out of Malaysia, but you can't take Malaysia out of the girl. Especially if she's from KL. We went to Buxton, and the well, countrysides can't really have that much to differ from one another right? Trees are trees. Fields are fields. And it was cold.

In short, nature is nice, but well. Anyway. I did enjoy myself, I really did. But one experience is enough for me thank you!

We arrived a bit too late to do some tree climbing activities that includes high wire walking, flying fox, etc. We ended up taking a cave tour. The guide was pretty good in explaining the cave and the stalagmites and stalactites and stuff. And it really made me feel in awe at the Creator's intricate design of the world. But the Malaysianness of Ming and I was questioning why we paid £7 per person for a 15 minute talk, where walking one end of the cave to the other would have taken 2 minutes.

We then hiked a bit to where there was a stone structure named Solomon's Temple.











Ming, tying his shoelace in front of Solomon's Tower



We climbed to the top of the tower but couldn't stay up there for too long because the wind was so strong.

On Monday morning, before I took the train home, Ming drove me around Nottingham city centre to make sure I can at least say that I've visited Nottingham!

Labels: ,

wahhh...what an interesting trip >.<

:P

Post a Comment