Dragon beard candy 

It's been a funny week.

On Tuesday, my sense of smell was so sensitive that I was picking up scents all around me I'm normally oblivious to. From the perfume of a lady who was walking 2 feet away from me, the smell of the morning air, body odour, exhaust, cigarette smell and to the polo mint of the person who was trying to get rid of his cigarette breath.

And some of the scents I picked up brought up snapshots of memories I never realised was there. Just things like as I stood at the side waiting to cross the road, a scent reminded me of me standing at the side of the road across my grandfather's textile shop in Taiping.

Some other random memories popped into my head this week which I can't remember anymore.

I was in Chinatown meeting with an old friend and after that as I strolled along Chinatown, I saw somebody making 'dragon beard candy' and suddenly, I remembered as a young child, standing beside my grandmother while I watched someone make the same candy in a pasar malam (night market) while he pulled at the candy.

How random.