Eye operation 

So last Monday I had to go for a scheduled eye operation to remove a slight growth on top my bottom eye lid. And because of the mole which I've had since birth, they would use the growth to do a biopsy on it just to make sure there's nothing funky happening with it. Wait for FIVE HOURS to do a 10 MINUTES operations.

When they finally got to me, they blurred my eyes with drops that stung and then they injected the local anesthetics around my eye THREE TIMES and each time was PAINFUL. Then it felt like they took a nailclipper and clipped off the area with the growth.

It was pretty weird, like you could hear it was as if they clipped out a sizeable chunk but you didn't feel a single thing.





Just after I saw another doctor that prepped me for the operation by drawing the marker. You know, just in case the specialist doing the operation gets confused on which eye.

If lost, follow arrow sign. Can't go wrong. Patient can't sue.




Martin blessedly came to pick me up after the operation. This was when I got back. The patch was annoying me like hell by the time I got back so I took it out pretty quickly.




Right after I took the patch out. Does my eye look bigger? If it has a slight red tinge to my eye, that's blood. And yes, I look VERY pale. Because the anesthetics was wearing out slightly I had an almighty headache, feeling nauseous and having car motion sickness and the British tendencies not to have air-conditioning in the car makes for a terrible ill-feeling.



After 4 days, eye is beginning to feel like normal. No more growth! Seriously, compare the first picture and this there really was a slight growth.




Can you see the little white patch on top of my birthmark? That's where the growth used to be.


aiyoh, ee wei, so geli.

- your big sister.

ooooh... it's even more geli than what i've described loh! but feeling the nausea was worse actually.

Hahahahha!! The arrow is funny!

Post a Comment