I felt like I was in an angry, churning sea. It kept raging to overpower me, waves pounding against me unceasing, unyielding.
And then silence came.
Not because the sea ceased to be. But you can only fight so much and for so long before utter exhaustion claims you. I don't know when my arms stopped fighting the waves to stay afloat or when my eyes closed as the watery depths claimed me fully.
I only knew when deep within the sea, the scream of the gales in the sky was a gentle muffled sound; everything stops to matter as you sink slowly and effortlessly deeper to the darkness of the depths.
Then like someone trying to shake me awake from a deep deep dreamless sleep, I heard in a distance a loud splash in the ocean and a strong and firm hand was trying to pull me from my watery bed.
Annoyed, I tried to swim deeper farther into the sea to escape The Hand, but The Hand was firm and insistent. It kept trying to rouse me and swim up was Its soundless whisper. Not fully awake, memories of deep blue skies; of the brilliant shining sun; of laughter floated around me like a dance of light that wisped away only too soon.
I shut my eyes to it in pain.
But when I opened my eyes again, the warmth of the sun caressed my cheeks. I saw the white sails.
And there was joy.
Joy
Post a Comment