About a month ago one of the university students who lived in the flat in front of church (my flat is inside the church), and who lived with Shanx2, moved back home to St Albans after graduating.
We held a farewell dinner the night before which Shanx2 cooked (and can't tell you how YuMmmm it was especially her stuffed squid dish). During the afternoon before that, I was wondering what to get him as a farewell present as we actually had a very deep and significant conversation months back.
I got him the Wild at Heart book, which I had heard impacted a lot of my guy friends up in Newcastle that it spurred them on to push the sisters to the side and declare they needed a men only Bible study to build one another up to be the kind of man God made them to be. They pressured the sisters to do the same and they were slightly baffled as to what they needed to address in a women Bible study :)
I was thrilled to hear the initiatives the men were taking. It's not as if the Lord created us as man and woman by the random outcome of a die. And there are so much dangers men specifically face and dangers women themselves specifically face.
Anyway, I read half of the book by the time I got to the farewell party and I must say there were precious insights the book gave me into the man psyche and gave me a better idea how a woman can and should respond to.
Need to get another copy and finish reading it, but a highly recommended read!
Wild at Heart
Post a Comment