I never knew it possible, and certainly never ever experienced it in any church in Malaysia before, but IPC, especially in the last 12 months, have really became a solid family for me.
Before I went to Scotland, I asked Graham, a church elder, if I could borrow his GPS, confident he would. He did need it but still lent it to me (and afterwards told me he got lost and late for a church service he had to speak in). We laughed about his misadventures when I got back.
In July, I house-sat for the Meiners and someone who visited and stayed a night there mentioned in surprise that they must really trust me to let me house-sit their lovely home for them. I was a little surprised at her comment because I didn't think much about it, because everyone in church always welcomes one another to each other's house readily enough.
When my mom visited in Easter, I was amused when I introduced my mom to 85 year-old Pam, the first thing Pam did was to give my mom a hug. And then in the same afternoon during the church potluck, it was Pam that chided me from the end of the table to serve my mom a cup of water.
The last two Sundays I was over at the pastor and wife's home for meals. I loved how everyone just sat comfortably chatting with one another.
Matt in blue T-shirt and Martin on the right having a simple supper at Paul and Claire's on Sunday night.
Iain, the assistant pastor and John "Salivaman". It was Paul the pastor who started calling him that by the nickname (coz his family name is Silva).