Hong Kong 09 Part 4 

My one year in Newcastle for my undergraduate was a truly truly blessed time. It was filled with so much rich friendships, despite how little of each other's lives we actually knew. As long as we connected with one another during that period, the friendship was special, no matter how briefly that connection was.

I met up with Christina in Hong Kong, who I got to know better when she visited Malaysia after my time in Newcastle. We had a great time catching up. She asked me what I would like to have for dinner and I immediately declared - hawker food! And she accused me of being like Ah Chan, who demanded the same thing last time she was in Hong Kong.




As she took me around err... one of the many Hong Kong markets (some place that sold lots of goldfish), we passed a stall that sold chow tau fu (smelly taufu) which smelt like rotten chicken. I made a face at it but when Christina told me how much Yvonne Chan looooooooves it I thought I would give it a go.



This is me just before sinking my teeth into it.



This is me not being too impressed with it and thinking, "What is wrong with that Ah Chan!?!"




This is me trying to drown my chow tau fu with sauce to mask the taste



This is me trying to brave a smile



Boneless chicken wing... this I liked!!! I think I look like my pa in this picture.



Yep, I likeys this boneless chicken wings a lot



Fishballs. Yum. I'm making myself hungry now thinking of all the good food I had in Hong Kong.



Some mango drink that was really good.


Mango tau fu fah!!! Yep, Christina was finally having her revenge from us overfeeding her in her visit to Malaysia.

Labels: ,