
Last week I joined my business division in the company for dinner. It was at a trendy Chinese dim sum restaurant I heard of a few times which people raved about how good it was though it was expensive. And so I was naturally excited about it. Most of my female colleagues were excited about the cocktails which was raved about as well. I was just keen on food.
Thank God for lack of enzymes to break down the alcohol. Rather than experience an induced euphoric state of mind by alcohol, it seems my body now completely rejects alcohol by threatening to throw up my innards, get a mind pounding headache or dizziness + headache.
Anyway, food was edible *notice lack of excitement*. Cocktails were good (I had one and proceeded to feel mildly nauseous and headachy). The restaurant's ambience was definitely posh and fun. Portions were ridiculously small for a hefty price tag. Thank God it was on the company.
But company (ie people) was good! So everyone ended up enjoying themselves anyway.
If you're Chinese and you're fussy about food stay far away. The bill at the end of the night will make you go hopping mad.