One thing I've been marvelling for a while now is how since coming to London, it seems I have been naturally pushed to explore different facets of myself in ways that staying in Malaysia would never have allowed.
When I first came, I wanted to try so many different things that friends were a bit tired of listening to me go on about taking up some new hobby. After 2 years, seems that has settled a bit and am focused in some areas and not as keen to take up anything new.
Painting is still an area of interest, but inspiration is hard to come by. But one of my housemate is an artist and when I have time and energy, may take up art lessons from her.
Music is an area that has grown and blossomed in a way I never expected. The piano is a good and familiar friend right now and I surprise myself the most by how much time I spend with it. I still remember one point of time not being able to do anything with it unless I have some music scores in front of me but even then it was a struggle understanding the relationship between the piano and my fingers.
The other real passion that I have recently discovered is kung fu! :)
I've been taking lessons from a chap from China who used to teach kung fu to the Chinese army (yes, he really is good!) for seven months now and absolutely love it! It's also affirming and encouraging to have my fellow classmates tell me for someone who has only recently started on it, I catch on pretty quick.
At any rate, time is running out now. Need to sleep as I have a busy week ahead of me.
Unexplored territories
Post a Comment