Praying for me 

Last week we experienced some cold days and as I just before I walked into the office, the office guard (who is the sweetest man in the whole building) stopped me to talk. He nodded at my big big jumper and asked if I was cold.

I said yes, that's why I need a blanket (referring to my blanket-like jumper).

He said no, I just need a husband.

Then he proceeded to talk about how young people today don't want commitments and responsibilities by avoiding marriage, bla bla bla. When you work as a guard and having nothing to do but sit and look around, I guess one needs to be more proactive in entertaining oneself. And this particular guard does like to talk. No one really truly understands him though, because he's from Morocco and he mumbles. But because he is so sweet, most people will smile, laugh and nod at him like they actually understand him.

After a while I said my excuses and he let me go with a final declaration, "Don't worry! I will pray that you find a good man!!"

I walked back into the office wondering to myself if I had looked worried, and what does it say about me, when my office guard decides to pray for my life partner?

Hmmmm.