As a kid I remembered asking my grandma, "Why are you always in the kitchen?"
Everytime I went back to Taiping, my grandma would be busy in the kitchen day and night. Only after dinner she would emerge from the back of the house and sit and watch TV at the front.
I can't remember her response but since moving to London and slowly learning how to cook, I can very easily understand now how much time one can spend in the kitchen, especially if you're preparing for the family, breakfast, lunch and dinner!
Sometimes I cook big portions to last me a few days, sometimes I cook different stuff for a few days in a row. Most times I only prepare the easiest and fastest kinds of meals which involves sticking bread into the toaster.
I miss how easy Malaysia is to just pop out to get a takeaway. But I have to say, I really am enjoying living in 52 as well. Food never runs out in 52 and there's always food to be shared and everyone keeps looking at what the other cooks because everyone has different tastes in food and new types of food keeps getting introduced.
The only problem I have is a few of the girls enjoy baking and they are always leaving cakes on the kitchen top. One can never starve in 52, but it almost means it's very difficult to diet in 52!
Food
Post a Comment