When I first came to Ealing, I was introduced to 52. That's where my church started decades back and today the family that owns the house continue to be spread out over the world doing mission work.
I was never too keen to move into 52 because it really is such a public place. Everyone comes into 52 and people do come by to tell us they just dropped by to watch a DVD.
Oh wait. That's what I used to do. No one really does that now.
But parties are usually held here and people are always in and out of the place and I wasn't keen initially because I'm the kind who likes to walk around with hair uncombed and still in my PJs.
But, with unforeseen circumstances that required me to move, I decided 52 would do for a temporary arrangement till I decide where I want to live long-term.
52 is... special.
You either love living here or hate living here. It can get a bit too much after a while.
Cheap rent is one of its biggest advantages though.
The best thing I love about living in 52 is how there's a never ending supply of food. I even have a magical wooden bowl where fruits always appear in it. 2 lemon becomes 3 lemon. 1 Tomato becomes 2 tomato. 3 bulbs on onion appears. Bananas appear.
I'm still waiting for the durian to appear.
And I love how the girls all get along really well, sometimes I feel bad for Chris but he's usually out anyway. Oh and cheap rent.
The worst thing I hate about it is, big house + lots of people = constant mess. I've had to stop my verbal complaining because I was getting too much with the complaining. And I'm the messy one in my family. Can you imagine.
And even though I've stopped complaining verbally, I'm giving myself a headache with the complaining that's going in my head. So I'm also slowly trying to rein that in.
At the very least, I think 52 is doing a world of good of helping me control my complaining and nagging habits. Hopefully, this will mean I'll be a much more pleasant wife to somebody!! Character building, definitely. All the other girls are just so gentle, nice and polite I feel really ill-tempered sometimes. Love the time here, but when it comes to moving out I doubt I'll be too upset!
International 52
Post a Comment