Kitchen trigger 

Apparently I complain/moan/nag too much.

I've turn into an obsessive monster over the state of the kitchen ever since I moved to 52. It drives me absolutely nuts when I see dishes piled up at the side, dry but unkept.

Nuts!!

That being said, a lot of things drives me nuts these days. And so I've made a rule for myself to control my tongue - if someone does something that inconveniences me, I won't say a word. But if it inconveniences someone else, I will say something. At least that way, I know when I do say something, it's not my feelings involved and I can say it dispassionately and not in a critical manner.

Today when I got home, a rubbish bag lay just outside the front door, which somebody didn't make the time to take to the trash cans. After a long day of work, I don't really like being greeted home by trash.

So I asked one of my flatmates (knowing full well she wouldn't have done that) about it, just to practice how to gently tell a person that I preferred not having that habit ingrained in 52. Thankfully, the person I asked understands me well enough now to offer to relay any messages of things I really dislike so I wouldn't annoy other people.

At any rate, I think I've actually complained less than I did months back. But I was still doing that inwardly to the point of giving myself a headache!!

Thankfully, we keep a Bible in the kitchen where people read it as they are having their breakfast or other meals. Everytime a complaint creeps up in my head now, I've taken to channelling that energy into memorising verses from the Bible.

I've done more memory verses than I've ever done in my whole life as a Christian.

It's freaking brilliant!!

Not bad, quoting General Anthony McAuliffe during the WW2. Hehe!

unintentionally smart!

Post a Comment