Settling in Singapore 

Saturday morning and was up at 8.30am and the thought that crossed my mind was, when was the last time I slept in?

But the thing about sleeping on the floor is, there's little enticement to roll back to sleep. The advantage of sleeping on the floor is... when my alarm, which I put at the opposite end of the room, goes off, I don't have to struggle out of my covers, stumble out of the bed, and grapple in a half-asleep state trying to find my alarm without knocking down too many things.

I literally take the sleeping bag I'm cocooned in and roll myself towards the direction of the alarm, snooze it, and roll back to my original spot to catch another 10 minutes of sleep.

Hehe. It's very efficient. Saves me precious seconds of sleep this way.

Stop slapping your palm against your forehead! I can see that!!

Settling down in Singapore is taking a longer time than I expected. Moving house is always a pain but it's always worth it when you begin to settle in a new environment, and began to see things fall into place.

It feels deliciously fulfilling somehow, after waking up, took my time to keep my laundry, sweep the apartment and then settle in a corner to read the newspaper the condo management delivers right up to my doorstep.

And I'll be off soon, to collect some free furniture. A crazily rich English banker preferred to buy completely new furniture for the new house his family is moving to than be bothered to move the old furniture. His new house is only a street away. And he would rather just give away everything since he couldn't be bothered to sell it since he doesn't need the money.

I have no complaints!

So I'm getting quite a number of good quality stuff for my new place this afternoon without having to pay a visit to Ikea just yet!

Labels: