Double accident 

A couple of months ago, I was with a colleague, TC, as we waited for our client appointment. He was telling me about how his parents were retired, but he was saying how he thinks they should get out of the house and do more.

I asked him why, and he said that having too much idle time gives his mother too much imagination. She's a bit kiasi*.

He recounted something his mother said, some time back just as he was at the door about to go out to meet friends.


TC's Mother: Ah Cai, please be careful when you go out ok. Watch for the wet leaves on the ground. You might step on it, slip and fall and hit your head on the street and a car might come and run over you.


I blinked at him for a few seconds before bursting out in a loud peal of laughter.


TC to me: I stood there with my hand frozen around the door knob and could only stare at her for a few seconds with my mouth opened. Wah! It's her habit to warn me about things, but this is the first time she creatively thought up a double accident!!!


I couldn't stop laughing for a while. It was brilliant.



*A word in the Hokkien dialect that denotes a person who has many fears over many things.


Labels: