Jono and Penny Choo-Choo. Pitstop on our way to Cornwall. I only thank God I had the chance to share a wonderful 2 years plus getting to know these people.
I'm kind of glad I spent Christmas day alone because I managed to spend some time reflecting the last 12 months. It felt incredible that a year has passed since the last Cornwall trip. The Cornwall trip last year was immensely special to me in so many ways.
I nearly hate Martin's thin face. It makes my own so obviously round! Words cannot express how much I treasure my friendship with Martin.
A year ago in Cornwall, it was a celebration of friendships. More, it was a celebration of God's overflowing goodness in our lives; in my life.
I think... I really do think, we were forced to listen to a speech Jono was making before he would allow us have dinner!
It is a time, place, friendships that can't be easily re-created and I simply thank God that I had that. I didn't want to leave it behind but I thank God because He has taught me the only way to hold on to it, is to let it go.
Because each of us will grow and change as we continue our own journey with the Lord.
But if I could, my prayer will be that for some of them, they would always have each other to walk hand in hand in the journey we've been called to.
As for me, 12 months ago I broke down in tears from the overwhelming goodness I saw in my life. I remember believing so strongly as a 12 year old that nothing good ever happens to me, and it was as if God heard those words and has poured so much goodness over me to show me how wrong I was.
My life continues to be overwhelmingly good.
Every memory of yearning or perceived lack in the past, the Lord seems to bring it up just to point out, See this. Even this, I AM can give you, and gives it abundantly!
He makes me face the uncertainties of the future boldly.
Even now though my sight is veiled, His goodness and glory is overwhelming, what more, what more, the glory to come.
This is beautiful. You should put the ink on the church loop.
Posted by
Graham Weeks |
12:47 AM
Dear Ee Wei
I ahve only just got round to reading this. You have a great gift with words. What you write is very special.
I would like to see a link on the church website.
DAVID
Posted by
Anonymous |
9:21 PM