Before I left the gym, I noticed it was still on the bench and no one had taken claim of it. Without thinking, I left the changing room and dashed home.
Famished, when I got back, I rushed into the kitchen to prepare my dinner. And then I noticed something on the kitchen top.

It was the exact same side of the earring of the one I left in the gym, that was 20 minutes bus ride away from my home.
....
I panicked a little because I thought it was my housemate's earring and I had left the other side in the gym! So I went out and asked her if it was hers.
She said no, she thought it was mine. She found it IN a pot, and the pot was IN the kitchen cabinet, which she cleaned thoroughly 2 weekends ago and had not seen it then. We had cooked on Saturday as well and neither of us saw it.
I stared at the earring and burst out, "Why is this earring haunting me?!?!!?"
I didn't think it was my mom's because in my housemate's words, it was too gaudy looking. And my mom prefers gold and not very fond of my "costume jewelry" as she calls it.
If it belonged to my aunt and grandma who stayed over at my place before Christmas, why in the world has it only appeared today of all days, twice, and how did it get into the pot kept in a kitchen cabinet, that my housemate cleaned and polished thoroughly due to her OCD-ic tendencies?!?!
And my reaction was to burst out laughing, which caused my housemate to stare at me suspiciously.
But I just thought it was really funny and what a story to tell!
Of course, I prayed over the house after that, just so that my housemate can have a proper sleep without worrying too much.
Labels: Random things