Memories of a childhood 


I can't remember who these two children's bicycles belong to, but it filled me with satisfaction to see it hiding underneath the ironing table although it has not been used for years.

Green House, my paternal grandparent's house is known as, doesn't feel the same without children running and screaming but most of the younger generations have grown up. I think everyone is starting to feel some of us should really get going and fill the house with young children again. *Dum dee dum*

If I had the chance, I would demand that nothing from Green House is ever thrown out without first being filtered. Everything in the house carries some memory to me.

I remember cycling around my grandparents house on these two bicycles even though I was slightly too big for it. But the most vivid memory of all was one Chinese New Year, many years ago when the adult men were gambling, the women were sitting and chatting, the children goodness knows doing what. Just the general chaotic mayhem.

And my younger cousin, Shan-Shan, was riding one of the bicycles round and round the hall innocent, aimless, but content.

It was a time when Green House was fuller and everyone was happier.