He was giving me links after links and giving me direction on what to teach when all of a sudden...
Me: Eh! There are some good looking guys in the office today... Quick! Give me a pick up line!
Pastor: ...
After long pause
Pastor: Hello Mr Handsom. (Ignoring my interruption and continuing on with giving me guidance) So, maybe you can think of talking about job being persecuted by the devil.
Me: Job being persecuted by the devil? But see... I don't think the people I work with are intentionally evil, but I do think the devil has had a hand in shaping this kind of culture and mindset therefore creating this kind of persecution, don't you think?
Pastor: You pretending to be Ah Lian (Chinese bimbo) or you misinterpreting my job as in the Bible JOB?!?!
Me: Oh. Whaaaaaaaaat... since my job is like persecution from the devil I thought you were talking about my job laaaa... NATURAL MISTAKE! Okokok... JOB!!! Got it!!!
Pastor: HOI! STOP TALKING TO CUTE GUYS. GO GET PERSECUTED!!!
I miss IPC quite a bit. I miss the closeness of the Church as a whole, how it's full of international people from more than 20 different countries who have come together and depended on one another to be their family.
But each season from the Lord brings something different to be loved and treasured, and I love this season as it is. I know that when this season turns I will wish it would have lasted a bit longer.