The Korean hang out 

Seoul was surprisingly fun because what was unexpected was a handful of mutual friends of the bride and groom deciding to spend the weekend together.

So immediately after the engagement party itself we decided to head to a nearby shopping mall to hang out (because it was pouring cats and dogs).



I had forgotten the simple fun of just window shopping with friends can be. I've not done it for years, since moving to London which doesn't have the same shopping mall culture as Asian countries does.




Tired of walking, we decided to head to Starbucks to grab coffee and just sit down and chat. I was so excited in seeing interesting "cake pops" and thinking it was special to Seoul, bought it to try it out. Rizal had to burst the bubble by telling me they have it in Singapore too. Boo.




Lucy, myself and Riz. Here we were all the way in Seoul and we were spending the rainy afternoon away sitting in a food court chatting. Where the heck are my eyebrows.




Gabin, a French working in China who speaks with an American accent and Serena.





After wearing ourselves out from sitting in a food court we decided to wait for seats in a restaurant to have dinner.




The next day we decided to visit a palace at City Hall. We had a heavy night partying the night before to celebrate the engagement and we all woke up past 1pm. On the way to City Hall in the subway, everyone looked shattered and the first thing we did was to pick up coffee.










I'm not one to take funny pictures or pose. Someone took a look at my pictures and said that this picture is uncharacteristic of me. But during this trip one thing was on my mind - I hold myself back to much from life from fear of embarrassment that stems from a perfectionist mindset. I need to keep pushing my boundaries if not I'll just... be old and boring.