The Korean Look 

Do I look very Korean?





Because from the moment I landed, every Korean seemed to chatter away at me in Korean. So I only learnt one phrase I used daily on my entire trip.


Hangu mal bootaeyo


I don't speak Korean. I was told several times during the trip, if I don't open my mouth I would pass off easily as a Korean.

Korean kids are sooooooo cute! The girl in the picture is the niece of the bride of my first Korean engagement ceremony (wedding in Malaysia in a couple of months time). She must have taken just as many pictures as the bride because everyone with a camera seemed to take a picture with her. She had an even cuter little sister in the same dress but she was harder to convince to stay put for a picture.

Her little brother is just as cute but he was only interested in playing with his mother's iPhone.




I was amused that on my way back to Singapore to find airport staff from the check-in counter to the air stewardess speaking to me automatically in Korean. I would have thought in a more international ground they would have given me some benefit of a doubt, but apparently I look that Korean. The air stewardess only stopped talking to me in Korean in the final 2 hours of the flight when she saw me reading an English book.