S(e)oul of Asia 

In Seoul right now. Will be leaving for Busan tomorrow and coincidentally (?)* will be arriving at the train station that is close to where Soyoung lives, who I met briefly but got along very well with, during my time in London. And I will be staying at a hostel that is near her university so we'll be spending the whole day tomorrow together.

Koreans I've learnt even more now, are really lovely people. Shy but a great big heart to accept and love people.

And so my time in Korea up till now has not just been about the place, but really the people I'm spending my time with. Although I was thankful I had today all to myself! Gave me some breathing space.

I was mulling from the start of the year what holiday I should take. Only Shanx2 knows how I don't like to do things that has only 1 reason. It makes me feel like it's not worth doing something if it only achieves one purpose. I would usually do things for a minimum of 2 reasons, and I usually sign on when 1 of them has God involved (I'm still amazed she was so intuitive on this about me).

It was a decision between Japan or England, but unexpectedly, I was invited to an ex-colleague's engagement party in Korea. And I felt a nudge. That there was something about going to Korea that God would use in some intricate way for the future. So with that I went with it.

I've made loads of new friends through the engagement party. It was a special day and I think everyone agreed that it was a weekend where a bond of friendship was firmly built between the different people.

It was only on Sunday that I suddenly saw the engagement party being a catalyst that would set off a multitude of events through the friendships that was intersecting that day. Almost like an electric current that set off sparks at every direction. Or how the first breaking ball of a snooker game would set off all the other balls into different directions.

I obviously can't tell what would come out of this weekend, but it'll be interesting to watch how God will unfold His glory in time to come, be it in a year or two or even a decade's time.




*I don't believe in coincidences. I believe all things happen because God is weaving an intricately detailed plan for everyone, with every encounter.