Settling 




The last couple of weeks has been very odd to say the least for me. My mood swings has been intense and I have been breaking out in tears in odd hours of the day. Like a major PMS that's lasting for weeks rather than days.

Someone suggested that periods of transition can take different form. I do think that this transition period has some part to play but goodfreakinggrief this transition thing is getting to be a bit too much! It's been ongoing for a year and I just want it to end.

I was on the way home on Saturday on the bus, and I was thinking to myself, I like Singapore. I like my life here right now.

One of the things I dislike most about Singaporeans when I first moved here was how cold and distrusting they were. Malaysians are warm people who are very quick to embrace and call you friend. Singaporeans seem to like to cling on to their cliques of people and kept everyone else at an arm's length away.

But after a year of building some small bridges into their lives, I've begun to see that while it is not easy for them to trust people quickly, when you have finally earned their trust, it can be a very deep and genuine thing they give to you. It feels even far more deeper and enduring than that Malaysians can even give.

There is something quite special about Singaporeans that I don't fully yet know and appreciate, but it is certainly of a quality that makes me intuitively understand why God deeply loves these people. And I am excited to discover for myself more of them that procures such deep seated love and affection in the heart of God.