The fellowship of the Church 

I was feeling tired and busy and when I was told of an impromptu church meeting in the middle of the week, I grew grumpy.

I usually plan out my week in advance and I've come to realise when something arises to change my plans or even make me run over the time I've alloted for it by an hour or so, I get grumpy. I still adapt accordingly, but it does make me feel grumpy.

So grumpy that people didn't expect me to join the impromptu meeting but I did.

I'm glad I did, because we had a couple from Australia visiting and they have been involved with very exciting work very similar to ours, but the couple has spent a number of years in it already.

When they shared with us their thoughts and experience, you could tell just by the way they spoke and answered questions that they had spent a lot of time seeking the Lord in it and meditating on it. It was well thought out, provoking, enlightening and truly challenging as a church to (re)consider a lot of the typical theological understanding churches today esteem.

It is not anything I have heard ANY church preach on before since the day I became a Christian, and for good reason. It is far more demanding a challenge and Asian churches is still not by far spiritually strong enough to meet the challenge.

But very possibly, it will be the Asian churches that are going to be in a better position to rise to this challenge than Western churches.

It was one of the most encouraging nights for a long time, as we ate together, shared the work that God is doing in our lives, sang together and prayed together. Even on the way home we continued to encourage one another with our experiences, visions the Lord had imparted to different people in the group and our expectations of what the Lord will do in the future.

There is nothing like a group of people who genuinely love and delight in the Lord having fellowship with one another.