Changing gears 

Many years ago, I followed my church elder to Tapah, a 2 hours drive out of Kuala Lumpur, to visit the indigenous village there and encourage them in the work.

On the journey back into KL, he got hailed down by police along the city highway just before our neighbourhood and my church elder, bless the man, gave a really innocent face to the police. He gave a feeble excuse of not realizing he was speeding because on the state highways the speed limit is 110kmph whereas in the city, it is only 90kmph and he forgot to notice the difference.

This story is a good lesson point to me right now.

Some recent events revealed to me how I had unknowingly gone on a speed adjusted to a different limit that I was used to for an extended period and failed to notice the change of limits when I entered a different leg of my journey.

The different speed limits are optimizations adjusted specifically for unique conditions. It is interesting how the Lord has prompted me ever so gently to consider changing gears.

Time for some needed personal reflections as to what this will entail.