The continued spiral of sin 

"I cannot remember the last time our 'Church Family Prayers' showed any concern or interest in anything outside of ourselves and our denomination. Surely these events should lead us to pray for the nation," D. Barnes.

"Surely. If only we could learn from history and other people's mistakes before we make our own. Have we not learnt anything from Egypt, Libya or Japan? Why is our hunger for righteousness only urgent in the face of a boiling pot of calamity? Sigh, are we, the Church, not guilty of so much?"


News of looting of shops in the town I've loved living in in London sends a horrible feeling to the pit of my stomach. And then news came that they were beginning to break into homes to burglarise.

So far, no news of any harm befalling those I know living in Ealing but most were kept awake throughout the late night, following the news.

There was news that kids were looting stuff from the local supermarkets and my first thought was none of them had better be kids from the 24/7 club in church. I would go back there and hit them on the head.


Yes, I feel responsible.


The Lord has revealed much, taught much, given much and yet I do not hunger enough for righteousness to pray more earnestly for it. How am I teaching, guiding, leading people around me into a deeper understanding of righteousness?


I will take responsibility of my own failings. But I cannot take the responsibility of other. G. Weeks said it in his blunt and accurate manner, sin is the root cause, rebellion against God, not merely against man's law.



Taking my teaching turn in church this week a lot more seriously than in the last couple of months!