While I was in a taxi, the driver was chatting away about life and risks. He was trying to convince me that life is short, we should take more risks and live it to the fullest to avoid having regrets.
A little tired of my timid ways when it comes to sharing the gospel of what Christ has done for us, I tentatively suggested that he needed to consider 2 steps ahead rather than 1.
We all die anyway, so what's the point of striving to reach to a point that we can look back and be simply glad we lived it to the fullest?
Why not consider what will happen after we die?
He insisted that no one knows what will happen after we die so we should only concentrate on what we know today.
I simply said as a Christian, I believe I will go to heaven. That brought us to a different sphere of conversation.
Before I was dropped off at my location, I told him strongly that it is far more arrogant, for people to believe that God does not exist. Far more arrogant than me saying I believe I will go to heaven, because that really lies on the premise that I am weak and a sinner, and I need God's forgiveness.
I am tired of being timid and worrying whether or not I would make people uncomfortable by being too confrontational. It feels so very good to just draw lines, that this is what I know to be true and why it is important to say so.
Drawing lines
Post a Comment