Grateful for understanding parents as the time spent with them was me sleeping off exhaustion by their side.
It felt like a productive weekend but my system quite nearly crashed today from just being too busy in the last 2 weeks.I had lunch with old university mates and halfway through the lunch I suggested for us to give thanks. Sean gave a guilty look as he thought I meant giving thanks for the food when he had already tucked in to his lunch.
But I really just wanted to thank God for the friendship He had given that has seen through so much change in our lives. From being carefree students, to struggling young working adults trying to make sense of life, to weary financially responsible adults and now parenthood.
It sometimes gives me a tinge of sadness hearing how all of us have gone separate ways as I remember a time when we were all living in the same small city, full of laughter and excitement and general carefreeness.
But I am thankful, that it is but for a short time. And that we have the certainty of a kingdom to come where there is no more tears or fears and we would live a life that is even greater than our memories.
I give thanks, for it is the salvation of Christ through the Cross that gives us this certainty of a this kingdom to come.