No one gets subtlely anymore 

On Monday they forced my team to change seats.

I used to sit right at the end of the office, in a lonely corner. Now I sit in the middle of the office, facing the pathway to the exit.

There are cupboards stacked against the cubicles along the pathway. But along my cubicle, there is a gap. It proves to be a very comfortable spot for people to lean against the cubicle to speak with me.

My mood from Monday to Thursdays was declining day by day, and this morning, I was waspish.

My colleague finally asked me after a while why I was so fierce today because I was curt and unfriendly when she tried to talk to me.

That was when I tried to explain how I had no patience for human beings today. I was sick and tired of talking to people. Why did they have to talk to me when it was obvious I wasn't interested. Just leave me alone!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Then she said some things which began unravelling the problem.

My new seat was too open where everyone suddenly felt more convenient to talk to me on the way to toilet or on the way to get water or on the way back to their seats.


They. Keep. Talking. To. Me.

*Grates teeth*


In the first place, when my mind is occupied, especially at work, I don't like people intruding in my space. And in the second, I was comfortably secluded at the far corner for the last 2 months and because I was new and nobody really knows me, they felt I was too unapproachable with all my seriousness. A common perception I am only too happy to perpetuate because I don't like people talking to me about nonsensical things when I'm working.

Apparently no one cares that I have my earphones plugged on anymore and whether or not I can hear them. First line of defense completely ignored.

Apparently my serious and fierce face also doesn't dampen them anymore. Second line of defense gone too.

Even my snappish tone doesn't deter some of them!!!!!!

I don't want to lose my temper and tell them to leave me alone (which is a very very likely thing for me to do).

I think I'll try buying those super huge muffler type headphones and a sign stuck on it that says Do Not Disturb.