The simple things in life 


In the top floor of my office building is a cafetaria where the people running it are the loveliest people in Singapore.

The Uncle who makes the drinks is always teasing and trying to pull my leg.

One day I noticed his hair was brightly coloured and asked him if he dyed it. He sighed and said yes, and gave me a forlorn look, saying he chose the wrong colour.

Some days later it must have been too much for him, his hair changed to a darker colour. I asked him if he redyed it.

And he animatedly tried to convince me of how he was walking along the beach when the wind blew and it changed colours.

Today as I waited for my tea to be made, I picked up the takeaway cup from the counter, I realised why he had silently left it there rather than try to tease me as he usually does. He left his handicraft to chuckle away silently.

We need more folks like him with cheerful hearts undaunted even if they don't make great amount of money and live luxurious lifestyles.