The fact I can come out of all of that and still want children of my own is of no credit to me. It can only be how God created women to cope with all that madness called children! Ie hormones!
Being part of the church in Singapore and having some really difficult children in our midst, and a generous allowance given by the mothers to be involved in 'teaching' their children, I've learned so much in the last 1.5 years in handling children. It's really interesting, seeing how the church has evolved to be a community that gets involved in teaching one another the ways of God.
I was going to say we don't even have any qualms smacking some of the more difficult children when they misbehave but I think it's actually only The Pastor, The Pastor's Wife and myself who do the smacking! :S What's this single and childless punk doing eh smacking other people's children?
In many ways, I am thankful my mother has taught me The Iron Fist methods of raising and disciplining children. I am also thankful the Lord had led me to London and established close relationships with Christian families, especially the distinguished L family (say their name and you can see a few eyes rolling as people sigh in agreement that they are as perfect as perfect gets). Seeing the different methods of bringing up children, I think it will be interesting what kind of mother I'll end up being.