Interestingly, each time I've shrunk in fear has been the times I feel God could be asking me to pray for healing.
The first, the person asking for healing rejected Christ, and I was way too young a Christian to even realise what was happening.
The second, it was in public and way too radical for me at that time.
The third, I was fearful of offending someone I deeply love and respect for fear of offending her Presbyterian senses. This I regret now, as I didn't fully grasp how God was hinting that of all the people from the church, she was amongst the most sensitive to the Holy Spirit.
I'm not quite sure if it means I have a specific anointing in the gift of healing. I'm sure He'll use me when He likes, but no, I don't believe healing makes the main part of my calling. Just the side effects I suppose, at best.
The Pastor and The Pastor Wife and their entire household were struck ill, one after another, end December. Shingles to fainting from exhaustion to violent bouts of vomit... Yet they keep going on and on for the sake of God's kingdom work. Just our luck, to be under the two most Kingdom workaholic extraordinaire.
We prayed for The Pastor Wife before we left, and one girl prayed for healing for her. I was to be honest feeling utterly unholy and unfervorous. But when the girl prayed, I moved forward without thinking much, simply uttered, "We release healing, in Jesus' Name." And tapped on The Pastor Wife's nose and moved back.
After everyone prayed, she opened her eyes and excitedly told her how the prayers got things going, and the moment I tapped on her nose, she felt a sensation travel through her nose that cleared it up. She did sound less nasally by Sunday.
Interesting. But what's even more interesting is what else will come in this next 2-3 years.