Some weeks back I got a chance to be on the other side of the fence. For once, I got to be the customer instead of the salesperson at work.
But what I didn't anticipate was experiencing more than the average customer, when one of the tenderers arrived at our office to make their presentation. I went to greet them first.
I had a quick chat with them and then went back for a short while. The first chance I had, I quickly gasped out an apology to my management. The tenderer was a bit... weird. But their faces showed me their disbelief. How weird can anyone be to provoke such a reaction from me?
When the tenderer came into the meeting room and they exchanged greeting with my management, I would have hid my smile upon seeing that my management understood instantly what I meant, but I was too concerned about the entire meeting.
I don't write people off that quickly (I usually take a few hours instead of 1 minute upon the first meeting), but they were... weird.
All I can say is, which I said many many many times after the meeting, I have never, ever, prayed TWICE in the middle of a work meeting against evil spirits and binding of such spirits. I literally kept an eye on them to watch if their lips were moving slightly in incantation.
After a quick and subdued presentation, we sent them along their way. When I came back into the meeting room after making sure they were off our premises, everyone broke out immediately in animated chatter about how weird the entire meeting was. I did think I was overly sensitive about the situation until I found out that everyone had the same thoughts, and my big boss who's a Christian as well also said we needed to pray for binding.
He claimed he had some knowledge of occult and black magic, and when he stomped over to the side where the tenderer sat, he found a perfectly cut finger nail on the ground where the tenderer sat. He claimed that leaving a "marker" from a body part (ie hair/nails) was a common practice of the occult. They were incredulously weird enough that we should make sure not to leave any chance of anything funny happening.
So I was sent along the way to take the nail that was carefully picked up and wrapped in tissue and have it burnt.
Now who would have thought work could be so exciting eh.