Eternally grateful 

I'm finally getting some new year's resolution under way.

I must say I am incredibly indebted to my parents for me to have the kind of stability that I have today. My mother is a pretty incredible person, whose strength makes all that I appreciate today possible.

I'd like to think I was made of stern stuff, and I would have succeeded and flourished even in the face of any hardship, like how people with rags-to-riches stories are. But I highly doubt it. I am only too aware of my failings. Let me born into the world by a weaker woman than my mother, and I surely would not live today.

But truly, above all, Christ has been exceedingly gracious. For one who has such weak disposition as I do, He has surrounded me at every turn people of strong countenance, who have lent their strength to me.

My sister who paved the way for me to come into the knowledge of God, my mother, paving the way for me into the world with education and financial support. The Pastor and The Pastor's Wife, who paved the way for me to enter into a greater spiritual understanding. The people at work who had paved the way open for me to survive in the corporate world. Ashley, for paving the road into a wonderful time of love, friendship and joy amidst a church in London of which has meant immeasurably to me.

Today, I met someone who I felt is another one of those strong characters who would lend me their strength where I really help with. Even as we spoke, I felt the fear and tension ease away. It is really such a privilege, when you meet people who make you feel good about yourself and who encourage you to face the world with courage.

I am exceedingly blessed. I think of all the people God has put along my way, especially those who have gently pushed me to go ahead and firmly brushed aside my fears. Today is such a day for rejoicing for every single one of their existence.