Golf 



I've been taking up golf for a few months now. My management had suggested that it would be beneficial for me in my career, I took that as an indirect order to learn golf. It's ok. The golf-love bug hasn't bitten me yet.

But I do love the view of the driving range. It overlooks a cluster of government-subsidized flats known as HDBs, and the view always makes me think of how quintessentially Singaporean it is. Funny how it has a calming effect on me. It always conjures up a feeling of homeliness and a neighbourhood atmosphere.

Golf has got to be the most mentally intense sport I've tried. It doesn't do when my mind is restless in the least. I was quite restless tonight, but then I started to unconsciously hum a hymn and I just started to enjoy the entire process of it.

My golf instructor keeps telling me I've got a good aptitude for it, but I just don't practice enough. Funny how that immediately made me feel like a 8 year old all over again, when my piano teacher used to say, "You don't practice enough!!" 

:S