Time whizzes by so quickly. I already feel out of breath at the pace of this year. I miss my friends from London, but on the day I had arrived in London, I said on the same day to some of them, "I'm glad I left London. If I hadn't, I would not have been pushed into the deep end of the sea and miss the chance of being stretched and pushed so much that I was forced to grow in my faith."
I've only left them for a year and a half, but being there and looking at the people I so dearly loved, I realised how much I've changed within me. The people have gone on with new friendships, new experiences and dynamics, within a place that doesn't change much.
I can't quite remember the church's name at the moment. But I had passed it on the main streets a million times. It's pretty, but so empty. A place full of created aesthetics, but filled with so little of the ecstasy of knowing the Creator.
I had touched down on the same morning at 7am UK time and got ready, had lunch with Martin and then dashed off for a friend's wedding. It was truly an amazing day. I loved seeing everything and everybody. It was so good to hang out with Andrew and Nicky once more! Andrew and I get along well, I think partly because I am so accustomed to North American (he's Canadian) and we have fun having a go at one another.
I used to live with Emma, and I've known Chris since uni days!
Chris trying to get down to my height while I was trying to tiptoe to his height
Our real heights.
No pictures of the bride and groom here because a number of us chickened out of the cold. It was FREEZING. Even for the English. We headed off to a cafe for coffee and I got a chance to hang out with everyone once more.
:)
Happy.