The turn of the season 

Every year The Pastor says he would cut down on his engagement with his unreached people group ministry outside of Singapore to focus on his studies, and always ends up increasing his engagement instead. This year is no exception and he's in fact even busier than ever.

Having not seen him for two months now because of both our traveling it was nice to have him around livening up church service once more last Friday.

Each geographical move always starts off with some emptiness as I leave behind deep friendships that had taken years to build. And it takes approximately two years, depending on the level of effort, for new friendships to finally start to ripen and bloom. Last Friday signified that turn I was waiting for.

Each season always brings something incredibly precious to cherish, and having this time in the same country and church as The Pastor and The Pastor's Wife is that. I am convinced each generation will produce a rare handful of incredible man of God, and The Pastor is among the rarest and most incredible, and I am privileged by association. As I sat by him on Friday as some people shared after his teaching, he kept discreetly pinching me, grinning and winking as he knew I would guess what he was snickering quietly about, having known him for ten years.

Then when Yin reacted to what someone was saying both he and I burst out laughing at her ill-hidden reaction since we knew her well enough and what had happened during the week. I liked that I've gotten to Yin well enough to start sharing private jokes.

Both Yin and I make quite a pair as well. While I would be the first to lead in spiritual matters like when to sing a song of worship or prayer, and the church response to certain matters, in the area of administration, she is unchallenged. Her ability to plan, coordinate, pull people together and to get people to act is something I would never be able to do. My scatterbrained-ness disdains such requirements for detail. But my dreamy state of mind helps me pick out swirls and shifts of the spiritual things faster than most.

A few of us did however end up hanging out until quite late just chatting, and as I gossiped with Yin, felt the glow of friendship wrap me. The unseen group dynamics The Pastor lamented last year for not gelling together finally turned. I wonder what the Lord will bring this year with the new season to our group.