I had 5 days of workshop in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia last week. A lot of different people from different places. The non-local delegation had a good time bonding together as we travelled between the hotel and the church everyday.
This two ladies were the only non-English speaking folks and so couldn't flow as comfortably with the rest of the group. But on the last dinner, a few of us sat with the Chinese speaking people and only discovered how CUTE these two ladies well and truly are.
Sister Lan on the right really stretched my Cantonese as that was the only language we were mutually comfortable conversing on. I never knew how good I was until she made me translate the conversations other people were making in English.
Sister Mirian on the left was really quiet throughout the week until the last dinner we had together. Then, she shared her experiences and it was WOW.
Sister Mirian has a very interesting gift from the Lord; the gift in spiritual warfare. What is most interesting is how God uses her in that area when she is scared of EVERYTHING. Sister Lan and I went for massage and we kept hearing her say, "I'm scared. I don't want." And eventually she chickened out of the body massage.
She didn't want to eat certain seafood because she was scared her body couldn't take it. She seriously seems scared of everything. Apparently she can see spirits, but because she's so afraid of them, she asked God to make her blind to them. She now can only see fuzzy shapes and senses them, but she can't see them clearly.
Both the ladies are in-laws, and they've travelled a bit together. They were telling us stories on how they encountered spirits along their trip. I missed out on certain details because The Pastor's Wife was trying to translate for me as fast as she could. Sister Lan is the complete opposite to her sister-in-law. She is talkative, outgoing and mm chai see (ignorant of death) person.
I can't remember how it got to it, but Sister Lan was telling a story about how during an evangelistic trip to Taiwan, there were spirits that were disturbing them. And Sister Lan actually RAN and chased the spirit around the area they were living. Or something to that affect. She kept telling us how mm chai see she is.
Sister Mirian on the other hand, while she is petrified of everything, what is interesting is that when the Lord tells her to do something, she usually gives a blank look and obediently says, "Ok!" and does it. There was once both of them were at Geylang, a red light district in Singapore, and God suddenly told her to run around a particular building. Why He did isn't too important since He has His reasons, so she said "Ok!" and turned to Sister Lan telling her what the Lord asked her to do. To be as inconspicuous as they could in doing the Lord's bidding, Sister Mirian said to her sis-in-law, "You chase me ok? I run and then you run behind me like you chasing me ok?"
Hehe... she cracked us up. I can't imagine these two old ladies running around a Geylang building and pretending to chase one another. *Slap head*
The Lord even asked her to teach a certain dance to the church, which she saw in a vision. She told God it was too difficult. She won't remember. He got angels to pose each step of the dance for her, which she then copied and posed and made someone else sketch her poses. He later helped her sort the sketches to its proper sequence. It was comical hearing her narrate and trying to imagine her striking some pose for someone else to draw.
I so get why God picked both of them for such a contrary calling, and putting them together as partners. I get why they both delight His heart so much! We certainly fell in love with these two ladies.
