Memory in the making 

Been camping out at client site all week (desperate salesperson I am). I can't really add much value to my technical team prepping up for the coming project, but I want them to know I'm fully supporting them by camping out with them. I felt too guilty deciding by myself to go for a team birthday lunch, so the rest of them were great enough to decide to come to us instead.

It's nice when we're all on the same boat, same page, same vision and we're all fighting hard for the same goals. Whether or not we win this project, I feel happy spending the time working with them.

It's a high profile project, and the success and failure I feel rest very strongly on my shoulders. And it really is one of those memorable times in the making. In the first few days, when we had some glitches, an army of people came trooping to the customer site to get it fixed, which wasn't really ideal. Was it really that big a problem that needed that many people to get it done?

But, it did warm my heart, because they kept saying that everyone came to support me on this project. That's not the main and only reason, but it is because they do like and support me that they're that excited to come along and being the emotional female that I am, I am touched! It makes me want to work harder to win this project so that I can publicly acknowledge to the management that these people embody teamwork completely and are worth being called colleagues.

This is what makes the world go round eh. People. I too often forget, being the task-oriented kind of person that I am.




My technical team