Me on the phone in the cab: No, I don't understand. What do you mean, why can't you test IF I HAVE HIV?!?
Cab driver: ...
I was so agitated about the conversation that it only hit me a few hours later how it must have sound to the cab driver. It's because I had to do a health check and confirm with the Singapore government that I am not HIV positive and do not have TB before they will grant me PR status. So I did a generic health check under a company package, hoping to kill two birds with one stone.
But the hospital called me this afternoon saying my blood test doesn't cover HIV testing. What made me blow my top was not them telling me I have to pay additional charges to get the testing done (after what I already felt was an over the top charge on the health check).
It was the idea of them drawing more blood from me.
Me to nurse on the phone: It's not about the money ok!!! I just DON'T WANT TO BE PRICKED AGAIN!!!
Test me for HIV
Post a Comment